Monday, December 21, 2009

Why people hate me?

In this country of mine, the country that I love there are varieties of ethnics. The so called One Malaysia plan is working, for real? Why now? So, we were not One Malaysians before? I love Malaysia so much! I do belong here...But most times, I feel like I'm a prisoner of the society! Lets come to the point. What is racial stereotype? It is a belief held by people commonly on race based on prior assumptions.


The events in Malaysia are severe! I KNOW! Because I was/am a victim. It is hard to explain to people who do not understand what it means. Most people fake this because they do not want to get into trouble. Most people do not see it, because they are lacking of empathy. This is how the world is heading. Lacking of empathy and love! Our lives in this planet are too short, but the things to be done are too great. None of these works can be accomplished.



People hate me mainly because they 'categorize' me. The Indians hate me because I'm mixed race, I do not speak they language, dress differently, raised in a whole different environment, too open, too social etc. As I am gay, my preference of guys are Chinese. So, it's hard for me to get a Chinese boy as boyfriend because of the 'categorizing'. Even the gays would not want to be my friend because I'm openly gay, too open and too social. So, what do I do now???

It's a strange world I live in. We cannot stop people from having racial stereotype, because it is a human nature to have such psychological behavior. I moved in to a new house in Westlake few days ago. The whole house is filled with Chinese boys. I am the only non-Chinese. I'm sharing a room with a Chinese boy named Mark Yeoh. The amount of weird stares I got was overwhelmingly insane! They look at me as if they had never seen people from other races before. God Damn!! Where am I living? Malaysia?

The stereotypical attitudes towards Malays are; lazy, can't speak English, too naive, stupid and privileged. The Chinese; money minded, selfish, gangsters, and loan sharks. And the Indians; speak good English, drinks a lot, alcoholics, and gangsters. Who decides all these? How you judge or assume something like generally? Everyone has feelings, and needs approval and need to be listened. The values of life come first. People are more human than their ethnic background. People are fragile and vulnerable. Stereotypes lead to discriminative actions!!

Didn't we learn anything from the Holocaust? Wait a minute! What is the Holocaust? It was a traumatizing event occurred from 1933 to 1945 in Europe, where you become useless due to your ethnic background. It was an extreme measure of genocidal policy!! The government of Germany endorsed laws to isolate certain people due to their racial background. Started with simple racial jokes! BUT ended with ghettos, slave labor camps and death camps! The result was devastating! More than 16 million people died due to systematical killings. More than 6 million Jews. The others were the unessential people for the government.



This poor child was just 3 years old, was found wandering around Warsaw Ghetto in Poland during the Holocaust. He lost his mom and dad, and other family members. He lost his shelter with no food. Crippled due to malnutrition! He died on the streets of the ghettos and was let to rot there. He never had people helping him because of his racial background. He was Jewish. How cruel could the world be? Another Holocaust in-making? Say NO to RACISM!

But suppose God is black? What if we go to Heaven and we, all our lives, have treated the Negro as an inferior, and God is there, and we look up and He is not white? What then is our response?
~~ Robert F. Kennedy (1925-1968)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post. I agree wholeheartedly.

Joaquin Syed Vishnu said...

haha...well...Everyone needs to be loved and cared...thus we all do make disastrous mistakes in our lives...Most don't learn from the mistakes and repeat them again and again...thats why the world is in a mess right now...I wrote on how I felt...because thats how I feel...And thank you very much for your time...

Ashleigh said...

Hey!! Not everyone stares at you weirdly or hates you!! I LOVE YOU!!! =)

Joaquin Syed Vishnu said...

muahahahaha! I meant the general public....you're not public...you're private! arrrrrrrr!!!! meaaooowww! *scratches your tek!*